Your Guide to Roof and Hail Damage Repair in Austin, TX
Trust the Texas Roof Repair Experts at Keith Barker Roofing
For over 25 years, residents of Austin, TX have relied on Keith Barker Roofing for expert roof repairs, including hail damage repairs for insurance claims. From severe thunderstorms to tornadoes and the occasional hurricane near the Gulf Coast, Texas sees its fair share of inclement weather. In the aftermath of a storm, many Texans have questions regarding filing an insurance claim for their hail damages. Below, please find frequently asked questions we regularly field at Keith Barker Roofing. If you have questions or need assistance with your hail damage repairs in Austin, please reach out to us at your convenience for the most efficient emergency roof repair services.
How do I find out if I’m covered for hail damage on my roof, and how do I file a claim?
While you’ll need to check the specifics of your homeowners’ or commercial insurance policy, many do include hail damage repairs under their list of coverages (especially in the state of Texas). Contact a reputable roofing contractor, such as Keith Barker Roofing, to conduct a roof inspection before contacting your insurance company. We’ll evaluate and estimate the extent of your hail damages and then advise you accordingly. We’ve assisted countless Texans with filing hail damage insurance claims and gathering the necessary documentation over the years.
Is there a time limit for filing a claim for hail damage in Texas?
You should always file your insurance claim for hail damage sooner, rather than later because insurance companies have strict claim deadlines specified in their policies. Failing to file your claim on time may result in the insurance company denying you coverage or underpaying you for your hail damage repairs. Even though it may take you weeks or even months to evaluate the extent of your hail damage fully, it’s best to notify your insurance company as soon as possible in the aftermath of a storm.
How can I tell if my roof has hail damage?
Hail damage is often challenging to spot. After severe weather, you should be on the lookout for the following signs of hail damage to your neighborhood, home, or roof:
- Dents in your roofing shingles, roof vents, chimney covers, gutters, and downspouts
- Missing, blown-off, or curling roofing shingles
- Dents or holes in your home’s siding or fascia
- Dents in your mailbox
- Splatter marks on your driveway surface
- Damages to outdoor furniture, play sets, utility sheds, or lighting
- Dents on neighborhood cars
- Broken or cracked glass in your windows or doors
- Damaged flowerbeds or broken/fallen tree limbs
- Debris in your front or backyard or swimming pool
- Algae growth on your roofing shingles
- Cracks in your roof’s skylights or splatter marks on your satellite dish
- Water stains on your ceilings or walls
- Mold or mildew growth on your walls or ceilings
What are some good tips when filing an insurance claim for hail damage?
Helping Texans file their hail damage insurance claims for over 25 years has afforded us numerous insights to pass on to our customers, including the following:
- File Your Claim as Soon as Possible – Due to the high volume of hail damage claims received after severe weather, many insurance companies can only afford to pay out a certain number of claims to retain a profit. Filing your claim early ensures it has the best chance of being accepted and paid out by your insurance provider. They’re less likely to deny you coverage the sooner you file your insurance claim. Also, if everyone in the Austin area requires hail damage repair at the same time, it may take longer for Keith Barker Roofing and other roofing contractors in the area to provide emergency roof repair to everyone. Delaying in your roof repairs could ultimately lead to additional damages and repairs.
- Always Report Minor Damages – Even if your roof or shingle damages seem minor, you should always report them. Sometimes superficial damages now lead to more significant damages later, as leaks and other issues requiring roof repair may take months or even years to develop. Have a well-trusted roofing contractor inspect your roof to evaluate your damages. Be aware of “storm chasers” – out-of-town roofers swirling around like a cyclone who are trying to take advantage of you in your time of need!
- Pay Attention to Your Policy – Choosing a higher deductible for your policy may save you money initially, but you may end up paying more out-of-pocket costs when filing your claim. Just because your policy covers hail damage, your claim for a new roof replacement could still be denied. Some policies will only pay the costs to repair specific parts of your roof. Sometimes the policy covering hail damage may not extend to water damages caused by your roof leak or a flood. Don’t set yourself up for nasty surprises when it comes to filing insurance claims; always read your policy thoroughly and be sure to ask your insurance company questions for clarity.
- Keep Up with Roof Maintenance – Being a negligent property owner is never in your best interest. Occasionally, an insurance company may deny full coverage for your claim for hail damage if poor roofing maintenance is believed to have contributed to the damages. Have your roof professionally inspected and repaired regularly to avoid denied insurance claims.
Do insurance rates usually go up after hail damage claims?
Not necessarily, as your insurance policy is there for you to use it when you need it. Many home and business owners are afraid of filing an insurance claim, thinking their rates will go up or their policy will be canceled as a result. While that may be the case if you file too many high-risk claims or too many claims are found to be within your control, you shouldn’t be held accountable for the hail damage caused by a severe storm. Please contact Keith Barker Roofing for assistance with your hail damage repair claims in Austin, TX!
Why Choose Us
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- Excellent Quality Control
- 12 Service Trucks
- In-house sheet metal shop for custom work
- Extensive long term partnerships with local builders
- We warranty all our work
- Se Habla Español